DjangoBooks.com

Buzzing on new Gitane D-500

Hi,

I'm fairly new here and have a question about a Gitane D-500 I bought recently.

After the first few weeks of playing the guitar - bought new - it developed some buzzing on the D,G,B strings. The buzzing is emanating from the bridge area.

I have no idea what is causing this, so I took it back to the shop to get set up. After a few weeks, they didn't seem to know what the problem was either, charged me a bunch of money, and the buzzing is still there!

They didn't replace the bridge, and said there had been some damage to the zero fret, which I found hard to believe as I'd only had the thing for a few weeks, but anyway...

A bit lost as to what I should do - any advice would be really appreciated.

Comments

• TimmyHawkenTimmyHawken Lansing,MINew
    Is it a buzz when playing open strings? then potentially it's the tailpiece--have you tried wedging a hunk of leather under there? you could probably use some cloth or a hard sponge for a temporary test.
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    You can get a hell of a buzz if one of the moustache pieces comes a bit lose. Try pushing down on them and see if that doesn't get rid of the buzz. It's a simple repair if that's the problem.