DjangoBooks.com

"My Latest Guitar" Contest!

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited June 2013 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
... winner gets a Selmer 503 lapel pin. AE

Comments

• I will swag a Shopis
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • AhabAhab GB✭✭
    Hey Eddy,

It's the Eimer's copy of the plastic Maccaferri guitar, model EG-AE40G
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Ahab wrote:
    It's the Eimer's copy of the plastic Maccaferri guitar, model EG-AE40G

Wow! Good job Ahab. Congrats! You win the Selmer 503 lapel pin. You either have a very discerning eye or--given the very specific description of the guitar--an inside source. :D

Either way, the pin is yours!

Email me your postal address at my PM archtopeddy@hotmail dot com.

Comin' up -- two more pixs. First the EG-AE40G with its 1953 plastic Mac G40 inspiration; and econd a pic of your Selmer 503 pin sitting on the Eimers head stock. AE
  • AhabAhab GB✭✭
    Thanks Eddy!

I'm very pleased, I saw that guitar on Leo Eimer's facebook page a while back, and as soon as I saw your picture I recognised it, but I had to think for a moment where I'd seen it before! Obviously it's a pretty distinctive guitar so that's probably why it stayed in there. I hope it sounds as good as it looks, I have played a couple of Leo's guitars before and the workmanship is faultless. I will email you my details. Thanks again!

By the way, does the AE in the guitars model name stand for Archtop Eddy by any chance?
    1953 Plastic Mac and the Eimers EG-AE40G... and Eimers and the Selmer Pin.

The two guitars are the exact same size and surprisingly the same weight (1.6kg or around 3.5 lbs). They are essentially 3/4 size guitars, and the new Eimers is good for travel. The wooden guitar is made of non-travel restrictive material: N. American sitka top, Indian rosewood sides and back, European walnut neck, African ebony bridge, headstock veneer and fretboard; and N. American maple for bindings and misc. trimming. Leo finished it with his Antique finish. I have the proper US Dept. of Agriculture Plant and Plant Product Declaration Form that Leo filled out and I keep in the case, but given the materials involved, I don't think I'll need it for international travel.

I've used it at several gigs now and I'm using it to record our new CD. It has a surprisingly full and balanced lead sound considering it's smaller size. The size is most noticeable in its limits as a rhythm instrument. When used with the on-board BigTone, it more than meets my needs at a gig.

I've always wanted a wooden version of my plastic Mac. When a premier builder such as Leo Eimers agreed to make it for me -- not only left-handed, but with correctly shaped custom molds and original specifications -- it was an opportunity I couldn't let pass by. I am very satisfied with the instrument and extremely grateful to Leo for building this dream guitar for me.

By the way, this whole thing happened thanks to a thread here on Djangobooks. A while ago, someone asked about travel guitars. I think I might have suggested the plastic Mac and someone else suggested checking Leo's mini-Macs. I think you can see how the dots got connected from there. Thanks for putting this idea in my head! AE
    Ahab wrote:
    By the way, does the AE in the guitars model name stand for Archtop Eddy by any chance?

It does indeed. Looking forward to your email so I can send you the Selmer pin! AE
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Too cool!!!
    Hello Archtop Eddie, I met you at DFNW 2007. I recently acquired a G40 and a G30 with case and extra G30 body. I've asked about every knowledgable person for leads on parts. I swapped necks and would sell the G30 incl extra body. I'm in LA. PM davidvolk. At. Verizon. Dot net