DjangoBooks.com

Selmer Guitar Sound Break-up

2»

Comments

• AhabAhab GB✭✭
    Hey,

This topic was originally about the sound characteristics of Selmer guitars, but I have heard that a very good contact mic for these kind of guitars is the Ischell contact mike. There's a discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10239&start=30

It's very good at large volumes, and doesn't feedback. Hopefully one of the other users on the forum might chime in. I think klaatu uses one.
  • Thomas,

I'd suggest reaching out to GB or Adrien. I'm sure they are reachable.

Stephane Wrembel and I talked about the Ischell a few times during lessons. He seems to like them quite a bit and did a fit with the manufacturer to get it in the sweet spot. The Ischell is a mike. I've used it in small club settings and at parties in large rooms. It works well. Just an alternate suggestion.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I do in fact use an Ischell. It is as advertised, good acoustic sound with high feedback resistance. I used to locate mine in front of the bridge and midway across, as recommended in Ischell's instructions, with mixed results. However, I have recently tried Bob Holo's suggestion of placing it on the bass side so that it sits over more support from the bracing and the bridge tone bar. The sound quality improved markedly, as did feedback resistance.

Bob's post can be found here:
    http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11231&p=58555&hilit=ischell#p58555
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Confirmed that that's where Stephane places his. He worked it out with Ischell, I believe.