DjangoBooks.com

Sandy Aftermath - everyone okay?

CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
edited November 2012 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 271
East Coasters - any chance you could sound off to let us know you're above water and doing okay? I know you're all probably without power, but if you happen to check this site on your phone or from somewhere with electricity and internet, please let us know how you're faring.

Comments

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Indeed . . .
    NYC's a mess . . . Eve and I are very lucky to have power, water, heat and no issues.
    Others, If you are in NYC and in the power free zone, mssg me If I can help (hot shower; internet access, a bottle of wine from work and so on)
    Thanks,
    and be Safe.
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    OK here in Southern Maryland. We live & work on the water's edge (Chesapeake Bay), so we take storms like this seriously and have seen our share. It took us a couple years to fully recover from Isabel in 2005.

The forecast was dire, but fortunately the storm for us was not as bad as expected. We lost power for a day and a couple small trees fell across the lane to the main road, but we know how to deal with this. The main concern where we live is storm surge and winds over 60 knots which take out our docks, deposit tons (sic) of trash in the yard and take out big trees around the house, none of which materialized in Southern Maryland (the portion of Maryland west of the Chesapeake, south of DC) this time. Wind and rain were both less than predicted. Even the Eastern Shore which faces the ocean seems to have come through reasonably well.

Delaware, New Jersey, NY, and Connecticut on the other hand really got nailed. Our thoughts and sympathies go out those who are suffering.
  • Jersey City here. We lost power for a few days, but have power but blocks to all sides of us do not. Food and gas in town is a commodity, as it is in most of NJ right now. Hoboken, next town over, has lots of trouble. It's not nearly as bad here as in other places and we can deal with some inconveniences.
    We prepared for this in advance and we're lucky. It's a tight community and we're lucky. Haven't picked up a guitar since Sunday. Need to do this.
  • My thoughts are with you who have been hit by this. I too hope everone is OK
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I hope all of you in the NY area are OK....your are in my thoughts as well.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Not that it's much consolation but we've had 3 wildfire scares in the last month near our house in the Southern California foothills so at least you don't have that to worry about.

We've gotten pretty good at evacuating since living here the last 10 years. Hook up the boat to the truck, fill it with surfboards, fishing gear, and guitars and take off. Fortunately, we haven't gotten burned down (knock on wood).

Best wishes to all and hang tough!!!
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Jim, Craig, and all others dealing with this back East - the thoughts of myself and my family are with you. I'm keeping posted to news that recovery is strong, and as swift as possible.

Hang in there, guys. I'm so sorry this devastation came down.

Paul
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    yeah I hope everyone up north is ok and My thoughts are with you guys. Being from Florida I know that these things can be really bad!! I hope everyone is holding up well.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.