DjangoBooks.com

Where can I find .11 Galli strings?

Hey there,

I have the following problem:

My strings tend to rust fairly quickly, both on my electric and my selmerstyle guitar. On my electric (Fender Strat) I started using strings with "nano-web" by Elexir which basically solved the problem for me. I'd like to do the same for my Gitane DG-500. Being a good forum user, I used the seach first to solve my problem. In this thread http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2355&p=12628&hilit=Rust#p12628 someone recommended using Galli strings.

I have two questions:

First, I'd like to know whether someone with a similar problem can say whether or not the Galli strings are an improvement.

Second, I'd like to know where I can buy these things. I live in Freiburg, Germany. The biggest German online shop "Thomann" doesn't have them, neither do the guitar shops I checked. They're sold out on gypsyguitar.de. The only shop I could find was "stingsandbeyond.com" - located in North Carolina -, and I'd like to avoid paying 15$ merely for shipping. Any help?

Best,
Lennart

Comments