DjangoBooks.com

Nous'che Rosenberg Rhythm method

Comments

• HemertHemert Prodigy
    Actually, the correct theoretical explanation is that the Ddim is an inversion of E#dim (Fdim) which is a raised second degree #II. This chord is standard in most bossa nova's (Corcovado for example). The nicest note to play over this chord is a C# which is usually the case with suggested roots.

Nous'che does many such sophisticated substitutions and passing chords. Of course, everything will be explained in the course. It's gonna be nail biter: 48 hours left and about 600 dollars short!

Somebody said that he didn't see anything out of the ordinary but I have never seen a rhythm player play the same voicings, formulas and embellishments as Nous'che! His style is unique and both his left and right hand are incredible to observe and study!
  • mcneely11mcneely11 ✭✭
    I wasnt saying his playing isnt great. Just that he's not doing anything out there/unusual harmonically. He comps very tastefully though.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    it's over :mrgreen:
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    YAAAYYY!!!!!!

And "it's over" in a good way! Let the lessons begin!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    YES, we made it! That was pretty exciting to be part of.

BUT: still 18 hours left to jump in folks. Get the complete course for $50 in January 2013. That deal is only for Indie Gogo backers. Other buyers will have to wait until April 2013 and for $80. Also last chance to get the video lessons with Nous'che for one of the higher pledge levels. I promise it's very helpful and inspiring to receive one-on-one coaching from such a great guitar player!
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I was seated in the second row at the trio's Montreal concert a couple of years ago, looking straight at Nous'che. Even THAT was inspiring!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • vincevince Davis & San Francisco, CANew
    Another quick question — is Nous'che playing Em over the A7 too? Say around the beginning of the chorus around 2mins? I think Denis's DVD mentioned simplifying progressions — is this an example of that?

Thanks all! And we made it! woohoo! I posted it to reddit.com/r/gypsyjazz, so maybe that helped.
    I don't know whether I'll ever be an excellent player if I keep practicing, but I'm absolutely sure I won't be if I stop.
    Hemert wrote:
    Actually, the correct theoretical explanation is that the Ddim is an inversion of E#dim (Fdim) which is a raised second degree #II. This chord is standard in most bossa nova's (Corcovado for example). The nicest note to play over this chord is a C# which is usually the case with suggested roots.

interesting .. is it the same thing in django's tiger when you go from A first inversion to the C diminished ? and the same thing in the 2nd chord of micro? i have always thought of those as some sort of mangled scale degree VI, but it never really seemed to ring true (a VI with a b5 and a natural 6 .. really?)

what do you mean by "suggested roots"?
    vince wrote:
    Another quick question — is Nous'che playing Em over the A7 too? Say around the beginning of the chorus around 2mins? I think Denis's DVD mentioned simplifying progressions — is this an example of that?

yes you can hop between ii and V all you like .. think of honeysuckle rose, dolores, sweet sue etc. if you play an Em7 where there's an A7 in the chart, it's just like an A7sus4 so it's similar to the V7sus -> V kind of sound which will be very familiar to any western ears !
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    I loved the videos and felt they would be helpful.

See that the goal got met.

Did the course ever materialize?

How is it?

Is there anyway to get a copy,

OR
    where or when will it be available?

I didn't find anything on the net.

Thanks for any info

pickitjohn