DjangoBooks.com

Anyone have a template for a GJ Pickguard ?

constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
Hi - I am looking to cut out a GJ shaped pickguard - obviously they are different than the ones seen on regular acoustic guitars. Anybody have a good photo or template?

Thanks - Dean

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    I used an iphone screen protector from ebay :lol:
  • KiyoshiKiyoshi Mexico CityNew
    you could probably cut out a large sized one out of an iPad screen protector...

K
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Hi - I am looking to cut out a GJ shaped pickguard - obviously they are different than the ones seen on regular acoustic guitars. Anybody have a good photo or template?

Thanks - Dean

I make a template out of stiff paper and then trace on the pickguard backing. There are tons of pictures of pickguard shapes for GJ guitars on gypsyguitars.com, check the "Best Of Gallery". Also, check back through some of the DB guitars for sale.

I like the Rokkomann removable pickguards that stick without adhesive. Probably a little thicker than an iPad skin and cheaper (two for $20 usually). Just goggle Rokkomann pickguard.

Craig
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    thanks Craig!!
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Maybe I should mention the removable Rokkomann pickguards come as sheets that you cut to shape. They have a nice high gloss surface and seem to hold up well. I can confirm from experience they are indeed removable and reusable. Just protect the surface that "sticks" to the guitar from dust when off the guitar or you get bubbles when you reattach. Another brand of removable pickguard I put on a friend's guitar wore through quickly.