DjangoBooks.com

Bistro Fada chart needed

Heavy DjangoHeavy Django ✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Welcome Posts: 46
Can anyone point me to a chord chart for the complete Bistro Fada waltz (from "Midnight in Paris")...or email it to me if you have it? Will need it for an upcoming gig! Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, don't have a chart, but do have a couple of extraordinary vids - one from Adrian Holovaty, and one from Stephane himself, at DFNW (courtesy of Patrus).

-I was able to grab the rhythm pretty easily from Adrian's vid, very clear and helpful, IMO, and the lead lines are just so melodic and clean, love this tune by Stephane. I've never used that Em voicing that Roy Williams uses (I think it's 7756XX), cool (new, for me) voicing.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I know Barry warhaftig of the Hot Club of Philadelphia has one worked up. You can reach him through their webite.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Chords are identical to "Indifference" in the Django fakebook
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    i found a Bistro Fada chart in PDF format here:

http://www.patrus53.com/stephane-wrembel

think I got there from a link on this forum, probably.

is "Bistro Fada" definitely 100% the "indifference" chords?

-A-

[I'm considering a Bb version for sax / clari ]
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    AndyW wrote:
    is "Bistro Fada" definitely 100% the "indifference" chords?

Yup, 100%. That fakebook can err on the side of basic sometimes but in this case it's spot on.

Will post a possible second guitar part later if anyone's interested - very indebted to Les Doigts de l'Homme but transposed as they play Indifference in A ...
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Actually, there is one slight difference: in the 29th measure of the A section (1st measure of the last line), the chord is C7, not F#7, so the last four measures of the A are : C7/B7/Em/Em. other than that, they are the same.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Hey, in case anyone's still looking for the chords and tab, I've transcribed it here: http://www.soundslice.com/yt/5kF9j25NDG8/ -- where you can see the tab and watch the video at the same time.

Adrian
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Thanks Adrian. That's some mighty hep software and playing my man! AE
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    yeah man, cool stuff very cool!
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.