DjangoBooks.com

Mary Alouette - Midas EP

marymary Brooklyn, NYNew
edited June 2012 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 9
Hey everyone, I recently released an EP of gypsy jazz originals + Blue Drag.

It's available on iTunes here: itunes.apple.com/us/album/midas-ep/id524373354
It's also on my website: http://www.maryalouette.com

Check it out and let me know what you think!
Mary

Comments

• B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    Mary -
    Interesting bio bringing you to this music. Consistent tempo that's easy to follow and the string section works with your interpretation as well. I like it! Keep up with your song writing which is very different from most!
    Cheers,
    Rocky
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    This was the first CD I listened to on my way home from Django in June, and it captures Mary at her best! She's been a fixture at Django in June these past few years, and has a wonderful voice and great musical sense. Let's just say no one is complaining when Mary graces a jam with her presence. This is a short disc, five or six tunes (It's still down in the car...), but each one is a vocal gem. Thanks again, Mary, for the CD! may it be the first of many.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Everything that Michael says, but also understand that 4 of the 5 are original compositions and very unique ones at that. And accessible. I've had the CD for a couple months and these songs have really stuck with me, which I always take to be the mark of a great song. Mary draws from a wide palette of musical styles which makes the songs considerably more than just the standard rendition of swing classics. Yet they fit very comfortably in the gypsy jazz category. Congratulations on such a terrific debut effort. I'm sure there will be more to come.
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Hi Mary,

Cool EP. Played it when I got home from DiJ and was pleasantly surprised. I like the way your vintage vocal style and the compositions blend to suggest the era. Did I detect a little Billie, Bessie, even some Maria Muldaur mixed in there? Anyway your record is a spicy gumbo and mad fun. Great to hear you sing at the jams and chat with you.

~Rob Saunders