DjangoBooks.com

Django in June 2012: small jam session idea

124»

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Ben. I saw them on the google search but wasn't sure what the story was, so good to know.

I'm kind of gonzo for pinot noir (mostly, tend to French burgundies) and Beaujolais - like finding buys in Burgundy village appellations, and of the Beaujolais, tend to Fleurie, Côte de Brouilly and Juliénas. The two places I looked into were Provisions - no Beaujolais, but lots of Burgundies, apparently, and - the "50' away store" with a less than wine-sounding name, Liquors 44. The woman I talked to there said they've lots of Beaujolais cru, as well as a good selection of Burgundies. I'm shooting in the dark, but sounds like there's some nice choices in town.

Also, in case anyone is watching and happens to know, love Willamette Valley pinots.

Cheers, see you then.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Liquors 44 is the big barn on the main commercial drag on the way in from the north. If they think they're 50 feet away from campus, they're using a different definition of "feet" than I am accustomed to. But they do have a vast selection at good prices.

State Street Fruit is here: http://www.statestreetfruit.com/ More expensive but an easy few minutes walk, and the deli and grocery store are a bonus. They have bags of ice if you have a cooler.

One word of caution - don't bring one of those Styrofoam coolers. They leak and will wreck the wood floors in the dorm.

I'm not familiar with Provisions. Here's their Web site: http://www.provisionswine.com/
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I think that whole "feet" and "meter" thing must be confusing them.

Thanks, man, good to know. See you there.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.