DjangoBooks.com

spotted at a local auction.......

2»

Comments

Maybe I'm a bit weird, but I don't see why you would convert rather than restore. Tenor guitars need love too.

-Danny
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    We guitarists are a selfish bunch and we all want - but can't afford - the real thing so a conevrsion seems the obvious and less expensive option in this case. When I was considering how this conversion might be done I was very, very concious that by doing so it would effectively destroy a pretty unique instrument.

For what it's worth, if I had bought it I think I would eventually have had it restored it as a tenor. I think any conversion to a six string should be done so that it could be restored to a tenor guitar with minimial invasion later on.

Sadly - or maybe happily as I now don't have the conversion question to consider - I didn;buy it. I will say this I now think if another one came up I would only consider restoring it to its original state.

Alan
    always learning
  • TenorlordTenorlord New
    Don't you dare let some ham-fisted "luthifer" near that rare piece of history! It's a tenor guitar, and converting it to be just like every other guitar is madness!! It's my personal holy grail that I never thought I'd see! There are very few left in the world, thanks to morons eager to damage what they don't understand.
    It is well , when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. - Arnold Bennett