DjangoBooks.com

365 Gypsy Licks

kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 421
Just started a new project - transcribe licks from the best GJ guitarists every single day for a year, make videos and post the tabs and notation on each one. Just posted my first one. A lot of the beginning ones will be from transcriptions I already posted here, but I've already transcribed a bunch of new licks from Tchavolla and Vignola (the vignola licks are sweet, just learning them today)

Here's the first from Joscho Stephan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMQpEIRX ... r_embedded

Hope you guys will hold me accountable - 365 licks to transcribe is a lot of work.

Comments

• thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    Very cool idea! Sorry to increase your workload, but 2012 is a leap year, so you may find yourself doing 366 Gypsy Licks.
  • asd123321asd123321 ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest grouping a number of them that would fit on 1 printable page without much wasted space in between. They we can print them off without having too many pages.
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll try that - just have to think about the logistics since I'm doing them day by day.
    I'm up to about 40 transcribed licks - didn't think it would be any problem finding good videos to transcribe, but it is taking me too long to search youtube. I'd love some suggestions.

No youtubes that are peoples albums ripped off please, and please have clear audio. I've already done a lot of Jimmy, Birelli, and Joscho, looking for something different.
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Anything by LDDH 8)
    I can't seem to find any clear video of them playing. It's hard to transcribe a piece when the lead gets buried just because of the video quality - if you find one with a clear lead line though post it and I'll do it.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Here is Les Doigts de l'Homme with Sebastien Felix playing "Joseph, Joseph." Both Sebastien and Olivier's solos are excellent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey7wubGP3A8
    Cool thanks - I can get stuff from that first solo but the second is a little quiet. Thanks for the link!
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Olivier quoting "Popcorn" is hilarious! :D
    Okay - just put up a transcription of a chorus from the LDDS video. The .pdf is up on my site already (licks 57-62), the video is uploading, but honestly I'm just slowly sight-reading the licks for the videos at this point because I don't even have the 5 minutes to kind of learn the licks :D Let me know if there are any errors or better fingerings or theoretical explanations.

Who is it playing by the way on the solo I transcribed?