DjangoBooks.com

IGGF 2011

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
edited January 2012 in Europe Posts: 768
Looks like I'll be in England again during this festival. Anyone know what the potential line up will be?
( I was last there in 2008 and got to see the Prisor Jazz Band ~ who were amazing :D )

Cheers

Phil

Comments

• pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    They were, weren't they. This year the Mozes Rosenberg group are headlining, no-one else is confirmed yet. There are some earlybird tickets on sale already on their website, if you wanna save yourself a bit of cash.
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    thanks for the reply...I haven't heard much of Mozes Rosenberg group, apart from a few clips on youtube, which I'm sure dont do him justice. Is he Stochelo's cousin; does he play in a typical Rosenberg-Dutch style? cheers Phil
  • mennomenno HollandNew
    Phil wrote:
    thanks for the reply...I haven't heard much of Mozes Rosenberg group, apart from a few clips on youtube, which I'm sure dont do him justice. Is he Stochelo's cousin; does he play in a typical Rosenberg-Dutch style? cheers Phil

actually Stoch's younger brother. Aces too, although lesser known. He played Samois with Stochelo and Sani van Mulem (double bass). The two guitarists switched solo and rhythm so fast you never knew the difference but for your own eyes . . . . .
    just my 2C.
    grtz,
    :-) Menno
  • KarenAnnKarenAnn Virginia✭✭
    Phil, Have you ever heard Stochelo's cd -Ready 'n able? It is Stochelo, Mozes and Sani. A very different sound than the Rosenberg Trio. Stochelo and Mozes run some lines together on it. And Mozes has some great solos of his own. Check out the samples on Amazon. It is available as a download for $5.99. Well worth it. One on my favorite cds. Great version of Body and Soul. And I have been a Jimmy Smith fan for years. The last song is a composition by Stochelo called Listen. It is song that many at the Rosenberg academy would really like to learn. A beautiful piece.