DjangoBooks.com

Got My Dg-350!!!!

Wow, I love this guitar. It IS drop dead gorgeous!!! :D And sounds amazing. It is a Gitane DG-350. This is Definately for the warmer player, however I find that it rings through fantastically. It really does cut. Im sure it doesnt cut as much as an oval hole or something, but I personally love the warm balance it has. Michael I know you said that it sound more flat top like, but I still really think it cuts very nicely, and to my ears I really appreciate the warmth. Aslo (being a newer Gypsy player) I have been shaping up my tone alot (Thanks to Michaels Gypsy Picking book) and find that truly the player makes the tone. Anyway Ill post some pictures later, but Thank you Django Books and Michael for selling this guitar ( I know there are few vendors in America who have them) But I am extremely satisfied. I recommend this to all gypsy players looking for a guitar in the $1000 range that like the D hole warmth with a little extra warmth on top, but sound like a genuine gypsy guitar. Before heading up to the $2000 I think this is one of the best there are. Anyway just really excited and wanted share my experience. Later guys!

Comments

• constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    hey, post a video if you can!
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Glad you like it! One thing is for sure, I really prefer the look of the DG-350 over the others. I like the more austere traditional aesthetic.

'm
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Other than some cosmetic details, what is the difference between the DG-350 Akkerman and the DG-320 Jorgenson?
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
    The 350 has a thicker top....
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Hmmm. Does the thicker top give it a darker tone?
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    The DG 350 also sports a walnut neck while te DG 320 has a mahogany one... even the form should be slightly different (more traditionally U shaped in the 350).
    Tele295 wrote:
    Hmmm. Does the thicker top give it a darker tone?

Yes, darker but not as loud. More like a flatop IMO.