DjangoBooks.com

Triplets of Belleville

d-nationd-nation San FranciscoNew
edited January 2008 in Repertoire Posts: 16
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have the chords to `Triplets of Bellville` or at least a general online. It seems there are some extra chords in the basic progression that`s tough to figure out. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sincerely,
Alex

www.goldengatehotclub.com
www.angelfire.com/jazz/zrs
Viva Bireli!

Comments

• hcrateshcrates New
    AA: Did you get a chart for this tune? I asked Robin via Email. He'll know.

-Cratis
  • WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
    Hi Cratis!

No I never got a chart but a fellow band mate did a wonderful job figuring out all the parts. If you ever get the Nolan chart from Robin I'd still love to check it out. Adios!

--Al
  • viperviper VermontNew
    I'd love to get my hands on that chart!
  • WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
    Hi ~

I am sorry we never transcribed a lead sheet for "Triplets," mainly because my fellow band leader taught us all of the parts (he even figured out the vocal harmonies for 4 ladies, it was very good). He did a live Les paul like arrangement for the vocalists.

All in all the song becomes very uninteresting to play because it's all the same: a majority of just a Bbm6 vamp (if memory serves me right, it's been about 3 years since we played it).

If you play along with the recording and go do the walking bass line cliche line with a Bbm6 chord you will most likely figure it out, I believe we did it where it would go to the V7 chord once in a while (F7) to break up the Bbm vamp. Having 4 lady singers in swing dresses is probably the only way to go about making it interesting after a while....

Hope this helps and cheers,