DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

Andrew Ulle KoryKilgor kanikajaiswal81

What kind of finish on 2004 Dupont MD50?

robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
I'm taking this guitar to my luthier tomorrow and he needs to know. Anybody know?

Thanks,

-Rob

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Did you try writing Dupont and asking them?

Dupont e-mail: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@acoustic-guitars.com">info@acoustic-guitars.com</a><!-- e -->
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's nitrocellulose.
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    I was referred by a respondant on this forum to Jacques at Gypsy Guitars who knows Maurice Dupont and is checking with him to confirm what was used. There is a question as to whether the finish was an improved version of a catalyized polyester resin or nitrocellulose lacquer which had been the method of the manufacturer prior to the time the polyester began to be used.
    Anybody else have a clue? The manufacturer has not responded yet. This would be an issue that it would behoove them to address, no?
    FWIW Jacques got back to me and confirmed that the finish on the guitar is indeed nitro cellulose lacquer.

-Rob