DjangoBooks.com

A little ditty I wrote and recorded.

Not sure if this is the place, but here it is.
Now, be nice, I'm new to this genre. :-) It's a bit rough, but my time is so limited to get this sort of thing accomplished, that I have to finally say "good enough". I'm no great guitarist, it's always been mainly a vehicle for composition. Just thought I'd share this and brace myself for any critiques. :-)
Mainly want to know if it sounds gypsy to you all or not.

Thanks,
Tom

Why do they call it a rest stroke......I get tired every time I try playing like that.

Comments

• SimoniusSimonius New
    The composition itself is very nice! Your playing is clean too. But I think it is a little too slow. Like it drags along a bit. You should experiment with speeding it up a bit, I think that will make it sound a lot more exciting, you know? Not that speed is always a good thing, but here it would work, I think. You asked if it sounds gipsy, the melody and chords do, but gipsy walzes are often played with a little more BAM BAM BAM in stead of ta ta ta, if you get what I mean. :P But once again, the composition is great.
  • TomThumbsTomThumbs NebraskaNew
    Thank you very much.
    Yes, you are exactly right, it is too slow. When I play it without the pressure of that darn "record" button, it comes out better......better tempo and more musical. I would love to hear someone who's more proficient run with it. I'm just a little over a year into this type of playing, so I'm sure it shows. I do love the waltzes, though.
    Thanks again for your kind comments.

Tom
    Why do they call it a rest stroke......I get tired every time I try playing like that.
    I dig it. Keep the tempo as it is. Any faster and it'll sound rushed and distracted and lose its innocence.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Great melody!

Do you have a chart or tab?

Thanks
  • TomThumbsTomThumbs NebraskaNew
    Thanks all. Anything coming from you guys is valuable.
    No, no tab or chart. Maybe down the road.

Tom
  • B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    Very nice composition! Reminds me of Musette pieces with multiple sections. Nice use of the arpeggios.
    Good stuff - Keep it up!
    Rocky