DjangoBooks.com

Django Camp '09 at Django in June

andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
edited January 2009 in North America Posts: 134
Hey Folks:
This is just to let you know I have updated the Django in June website and started taking registrations for Django Camp. Looks to be a great year, especially if you have a fondness for the Dutch: Reinier Voet and Jan Brouwer (guitar), Gert Wantenaar (accordion), Tim Kliphuis (violin), and Simon Planting (bass) will all be here. Also on board are guitarists Kruno, Gonzalo Bergara, Denis Chang and Michael Horowitz. Jamie Masefield of the Jazz Mandolin Project will hold the mandolin chair this year, at least through Friday.

Great teachers and players one and all, but it don't mean a thing if you don't swing by. Hope to see you there...details at djangoinjune.com.

Cheers,
Andrew

Comments

• andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Oh, and I forgot to mention the fine rhythm guitarist now working with Denis's quartet who will be with us at Camp as well: Romain Vuillemin. A French player who has learned with the best. Great opportunity to work on rhythm at Camp this year.
    ~A
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    The cheque is on the way!!!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • The LosThe Los San DiegoNew
    I seemed to remember last year (or perhaps the year before?) you had rooms available for couples. I couldn't find anything on the website about this. Are you still offering these accommodations or did I over look the information?

Sounds like a good time though. I definitely want to try and make it out for my first Django in June.
  • HalifaxHalifax Halifax, Nova ScotiaNew
    Daniel is registered and very excited...but then again, I am an excitable boy.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone again and re-charging the old Swing Batteries.
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Hi Los:
    The Los wrote:
    I seemed to remember last year (or perhaps the year before?) you had rooms available for couples. I couldn't find anything on the website about this. Are you still offering these accommodations or did I over look the information?

The dorm we stay in has mostly single rooms, but it does have a couple doubles on the first floor. If you're interested in reserving one of them you should do so now. Understand, though, that we're talking two single beds you could push together, not a queen or king sized bed.
    Sounds like a good time though. I definitely want to try and make it out for my first Django in June.

Please do...love to have you.
    ~Andrew