DjangoBooks.com

Surfin' Djangos reviewed in Vintage Guitar

wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2008 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 169
The April 2008 issue of Vintage Guitar Magazine has a review of Archtop Eddie's band Surfin' Djangos' latest release, "Go Man Go". The CD is given a very positive review. For those of you who have not yet heard this CD, do yourself a favour and get a copy. AE has combined the melodicism of Jazz Manouche with the sledgehammer in the forehead presentation of surf music.

It all comes together quite well. Eddie "Moondoggie" Parsons is always searching for interesting, musical cross-pollination and with this CD he's succeeded big time. I believe his next project is a collection of Musette Polkas. Can't wait to hear his version of Beer Barrel Valse.

cheers

wayne nakamura
DeuxDoigts_Tonnerre

Comments

Cool. Gonna have to find a copy of both!
  • waldenjazzwaldenjazz Thoreau, NMNew
    Absolutely the best! Eddie gave me a copy at the festival in October and it's my most listened to AND the one my friends and family prefer... This CD is a home run and such a refreshing change! Maybe more of us should strap on a Strat and launch into Django tunes!

Buy this CD.

Robert
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Ahh shucks... you guys are so nice. It was a real thrill getting the Surfin' Djangos reviewed in Vintage Guitar. For those of you that want to hear it, go to www.myspace.com/surfindjangos I'm basically out of CDs so I've set up downloads on that page. Thanks all for taking an interest!