DjangoBooks.com

Stefan Hahl Guitars

MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
Just to let everyone know that I'm now a dealer for Stefan Hahl's guitars. Stefan's guitars have become most famous through the endorsement of Bireli Lagrene and Hono Winterstein. Many of my friends in Europe who have had the opportunity to play Hahl guitars have said nothing but good things. So I'm excited to be the first to import them to the US.

The first one will arrive next week and is the Deluxe Gitano model. It has gorgeous Massacar Ebony back and sides and an aged Spruce top! He makes two other models: Gitano (simpler woods and appearance) and the Super Deluxe (Premium materials and ornamentation).

Interesting that Stefan uses bone saddles for his guitars. The guitar comes with extra saddle pieces that you can use to adjust the bridge height. A nice solution to the whole solid bridge height problem.

Photos attached:

Comments

Wow!
    Man, that guitar looks great !
    What does it cost?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Not sure because some of the import fees are not known. But probably about $8K. The regular Gitanos will be in the $5K range and the Super Deluxe (which Bireli plays) is around $15K.
  • waldenjazzwaldenjazz Thoreau, NMNew
    Beautiful guitar Michael... is it my imagination or has the market shifted to the higher end instruments? I know there is always a market for the low end, but seems to me there is more activity in higher quality instruments? What do you think of the Rumley's from Colorado?

Robert
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    waldenjazz wrote:
    Beautiful guitar Michael... is it my imagination or has the market shifted to the higher end instruments?

No...not really. There are 1000s of Gitanes out there for every Hahl, Favino, Dupont, etc.

'm
  • waldenjazzwaldenjazz Thoreau, NMNew
    Okay... just seems like I've seen more higher quality instruments being produced lately. But it's probably because I've been looking at them more.