DjangoBooks.com

Gallato 452 - Sold

Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
edited August 2006 in Classifieds Posts: 287
Hi Folks:

I'm trying to get my GAS under control, and am thus selling a
2003 Gallato 452, in excellent condition, with spruce top, laminated walnut or Brazilian rosewood back and sides (I'm not sure which), walnut neck, Bigtone pickup, brass tailpiece, and enclosed brass tuners. Built by Geronimo Mateos, for Serge Gallato. It has a mint, quality hardshell case.

It has some fret wear and a couple of minor dings in the top, but it otherwise near-mint. The neck is fast, and not overly wide, with a somewhat squared neck profile. There's no truss rod, and the neck is a 2 piece one, like the originals. They're no longer made. I'm asking $2000 plus shipping.

Pics can be seen here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/550971718LhoTHY

Email with questions, to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->.

Charlie

Comments

• Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    edited June 2006 Posts: 287
    xx
    I thought someone would snap this up, but not so, so I'm lowering the price to $1875 plus shipping. It was $2500 new, before the addition of the Bigtone.

This is a great guitar with bright trebles, a deep bass end, and a nice woody midrange, played in nicely by Troy Chapman. This is the model played by T. Schmitt and A. DeBarre on their CD Memoires, which you can hear here:

https://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/it ... ories.html

You can hear my particular guitar on cuts 3 and 4 on the CD Alita, here:

https://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/it ... alita.html

Charlie
    xx
    edited August 2006 Posts: 287
    I've lowered to the price to $1800 plus shipping.

Charlie
  • z3dz3d New
    sound's nice,I live in NM and only have 700 so far but i would love that guitars so hopefully it's still around when i get more cash.

chris
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Call me biased, as I'm a Gallato owner. In fact I just about have the same Gallato 452 that Charlie is selling and all I can say is that I've had it 3 years and it's a helluva Selmer style guitar. The sound IMHO is one of the more authentic gypsy-jazz guitar sounds out there. It's European laminated, just like the original Selmer's and has that great gypsy jazz bark that I thought many of us are looking for. So I'm suprised that this guitar is having trouble selling, especially as it's being listed at a more than fair price. You won't get a better European made Selmer style guitar for this money. Plus this includes a Big Tone pick up. So what's everyone waiting for? Interestingly, it seems that Shelley Park guitars sell quicker, but as beautiful as Shelley's guitars are, they don't have that same authentic European Selmer gypsy sound as the Gallato does.

Hope this guitar finds a new good home soon! Cheers, Phil