DjangoBooks.com

Tchavolo's incredible tone!

Any idea how he's getting that clean tone? Guess it's that Macias ;)
BucowimterrassierbillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsadrian

Comments

Wow, indeed remarkable, that sound, the guitar sounds like a pianola, must be extremely difficult to build.. :-)
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Neither guitar sounds like a guitar. It sounds more like someone with way too much time on their hands did a detailed transcription of this into Band In A Box. At about the 2:32 mark the sound changes to a live performance which actually sounds like Tchavolo.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited January 2018 Posts: 1,457
    J'attendrai (après-midi)
    good pun.. :lol:
    crescendobillyshakes
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    What is the pun?
  • PompierPompier MarylandNew Cigano GJ-15
    PapsPier wrote: »
    What is the pun?

J'attendrai (afternoon) or J'attendrai (after MIDI)
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Thanks Pompier but I am still out: J attendrai (afternoon) does not mean anything, does it?
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    THAT's the real Tchavolo!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    PapsPier wrote: »
    Thanks Pompier but I am still out: J attendrai (afternoon) does not mean anything, does it?

The pun is entirely within the "après-midi" part, which of course means "afternoon" (after mid-day). MIDI in caps stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface - in other words, after electronic processing. Pretty good pun, I'd say.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Yes, I am sure most of us are familiar with MIDI and what the acronym means, but what has "après-midi" got to do with j'attendrai (which means 'I Will Wait')? I saw no pun, I just guessed the title on the Youtube film meant exactly what klaatu said, somebody posted it after they had put the MIDI version on the film and titled it accordingly.