DjangoBooks.com

Jimmy Rosenberg's guitar

Anybody who can help me estimate the value of a Doug Kyle guitar owned and played by Jimmy Rosenberg and how to do, if I want to sell it?

Comments

• NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
    Do you have any pictures to upload of the guitar?
  • I will upload some pictures on monday - I also have confirmation from Doug Kyle of the authenticity of the guitar.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    The instrument is at Guitare Village, north of Paris. It's been there for a fair while, with apparently not much interest despite the low price tag. She's an interesting play, with a nice dry punch on the G string but a bit inconsistent sounding on the other strings. Mitch says she sounds "tired" :)
  • Interesting! The guitar is in my living room and has been in private possession in Denmark for the last 5 years. You must be talking about another guitar and therefore not being very helpful
  • Pictures as promised
  • Appraisal of the guitar by Rudi Bults - I also have confirmation of the authenticity of the guitar by Doug Kyle.

Make me an offer!
    Interesting indeed. The one at Guitare Village is also allegedly from Jimmy Rosenberg. It looks similar to yours but it's played in a lot more, and it's in worse condition. The price tag was lower, €3800.

http://www.guitare-village.com/occasion/jazz/jazz_867.php

If you've had yours 5 years it's clearly a different instrument - I've played that Kyle 2 or 3 times this year. I don't know about it's origins, and unless Jimmy had more than 1 of these, someone may be trying to pull a swindle here.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,457
    Note the diamond on the tailpiece, and the double dotted 12th fret.

450x442_jbio_1991_GipsyKids.jpg

Picture from jimmyrosenberg.nl/images/450x442_jbio_1991_GipsyKids.jpg

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Check out those shirts...id know that jimmys had a hell of a lot of instruments so its prob legit, any questions should prob be in private as it could jeopardise a potential sale...
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • Thank you Rimm - unfortunately the damage is already done.
    Besides that Doug Kyle has confirmed, that he sold my guitar to Jimmy - It was made in 1996 and delivered to Jimmy in 1997 and used when recording Hot Shots with Jon Larsen Band. Jimmy did have more than one Kyle Guitar and mine is without the double dot. But you are right about one thing Wim: The brassplate on the backpiece is not original, but the serial number doesn't lie. I wouldn't enter this forum and offer a guitar for sale without having done my homework.