DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthday

donquardo

At DIJ, classic Epiphone or Gibson archtop for sale

MarkAMarkA Vermont✭✭✭ Holo Epiphany, French mystery, Gibson L-5
in Welcome Posts: 98
As I am sure the rest of you who are coming to Django in June, I am so looking forward to another great week there. It truly is a phenomenal event, many thanks Andrew! I have found that old archtops tend to follow me home. I'd like to find a new home for one of them. Tough choosing which one, so I'll describe the three of them. If anyone coming to DIJ is interested, send me a PM and I'll bring the guitar along to show you. They include:
1951 Epiphone Devon in excellent original condition, a full size (17 3/8 inch lower bout) carved top Epi that is balanced and sweet. Asking $2200 with original Lifton case.
1935 Gibson L-4 that has been beautifully restored by luthier Jim Millinchuk, great sound, this is the style of the early L-5s (Eddie Lang) with fancier fretboard inlays, carved top and back, attractive maple, sounds great. Asking $3400 with a later Stagg case.
1955 Epiphone Emperor, one of the last made by Epiphone, it was bought in 1956 and stored in an attic until I bought it a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, the pickguard melted, damaging part of the top finish. It's been repaired but still visible (I didn't want to refinish to top because 5% of it was damaged). A huge sound. Asking $5100 with original Lifton case.
I'm definitely keeping one or two of these. It's hard to say which one I most like or want to sell, which one is my favorite changes all the time (my ALD gets played the most, and nfs).