DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

swing68 Jenna danowens carlm21

an amp to compliment my AT PRO 70?

T1mothyT1mothy ✭✭ Furch petite bouche
Hey gang,

So I got into need of gigging gear because the first gig we had in a pub using their mics and everything was horrible. For us at least. The audience looked quite satisfied but damn I couldnt hear a thing. I bought the audio technica pro 70 condenser mic. Running it through my dads PA it sounds pretty cool. But I need to get something more compact. So I figured I need an amp that I could carry with me to the pubs / caffees.

The kinda sound I d like to get close to can be heard here -

My budget is somewhere around 360 euros - 400 bucks and I definitelly wouldnt mind looking at used stuff.
Looking forward to getting any advice.
Timothy

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M,
    I use my Pro 70 through the instrument channel of a Laney A1 and it works well for low volumes.
    always learning
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed Gonzalo playing a couple of gigs using a Phil Jones Cub Acoustic guitar amp and his AT mic. Sounded great and filled the medium size club nicely. They're very light (about 11 lb.), small and powerful. I believe they automatically switch voltage for any country. He just turned up with his guitar in one hand and the amp in a back pack. A convenient, no muss no fuss set up. I notice a lot of players place their PR 70 INSIDE the sound hole. Probably provides a better tone and hotter signal. They seem to have a fairly natural tone without the piezo "quack"...and aren't too expensive.
    Swang on,