DjangoBooks.com

1950s Di Mauro, Joseph (The Elder) - Chorus Gypsy Guitar Extremely Rare With HSC

edited May 2014 in Classifieds Posts: 3
Celebrity Musician Owned - Provenance Included

This Chorus model Gypsy Guitar from Joseph Di Mauro has a birdseye maple back and sides, spruce top, and a maple neck with rosewood insert, capped with a rosewood fingerboard..original S. Bilardi tuners and tailpiece. Great bark.

$4900 - PayPal / $60 FedEx Insured Shipping CONUS
Available for International Sale - Contact me for specific charges

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    This looks like Rick Vito's guitar, only way cleaned up from when I played it.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    You are correct sir! Would you like to make an offer?
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    No, I have had two chances to buy it (before and after Vito), and didn't, so that bird has flown. It is a nice guitar, but I bought a Couesnon f-hole, which fills that space in the closet. Joseph made wonderful guitars, though! I have a heart-hole that is one of my all-time favorites.

I just have to ask: did you clean the grime off it? My recollection of it is that is was considerably darker. Perhaps my memory is faulty. I seem to be wrong as much a right these days.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    Yes it's a beauty...it will find a good home. Thanks! Jim