DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

Michael Crean SDNW 0012

San Jose (California) Gypsy Jazz Take Over

Il TrovatoreIl Trovatore San Jose, CANew
edited November 2013 in North America Posts: 83
Howdy,
My name is Nyk and I am trying to organize a GJ take over at a local coffee spot (I know the manager and she is cool with it) as well and moving into some other local venues.

I was hoping to connect with folks in the SF Bay Area who would be interested in a once or twice a month jam and then have a once a month concert/show.

The spot is all taken care of, just need the folks.
Thank you!
_Nyk

Comments

• tophtoph ✭✭
    Make any headway on getting this organized? I'd love to come out for a jam, perhaps only as a spectator at first. Either way, it sounds like a great idea!
  • Il TrovatoreIl Trovatore San Jose, CANew
    toph wrote:
    Make any headway on getting this organized? I'd love to come out for a jam, perhaps only as a spectator at first. Either way, it sounds like a great idea!

I have quite a bit of interested folks, just need to figure out a night.
    Where are you located?
  • tophtoph ✭✭
    I live in Santa Cruz, but I'd make the trip over the hill for sure.
  • jonpowljonpowl Santa Cruz, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Cigano GJ-10
    I would like to attend, if possible. I'm a GJ rookie, but might bring my guitar. It would be nice to have a list of some of the songs to learn the rhythm parts.
  • malakkamalakka ✭✭
    Hi,

I live in SF and would like to attend the "Take Over" as well. Would love to know the list of possible tunes as well. I'm a rookie as well. Thank you, Bill
    Howdy everybody,
    thanks for all the comments I am trying to iron out when the first one of these will be.
    I am trying to shoot for the end of October beginning of November, before the weather gets too cold and then keep them regularly.
    Please stay in touch and I will keep everybody interested posted.
    Also,
    as requested here are some tracks I am working on and would teach/help out with.
    Songs I have been running through (rhythm):
    -Hungaria (lead also)
    -Django's Tiger (lead also, roughly)
    -Minor Swing (cuz ya know, it's Minor Swing)(lead also)
    -Honeysuckle Rose (advanced and minimal)
    -Belleville (slowly)
    -Minor Blues
    -B-612
    -Elena's Bossa (very very roughly)

(Disclaimer: I am by no means a master of this genre, just very passionate and people helped me learn when I was new and I want to help people get into more)
  • tophtoph ✭✭
    I recently acquired a lovely Gitane and I've been practicing the tunes you listed, plus I got a few more up my sleeve. I'm itching to jam! The anticipation is killing me!