DjangoBooks.com

12 fret 640mm scale

Japanese SandmanJapanese Sandman Ottawa, CanadaNew Cigano D Hole
Hey there - just writing to see if I can get any guidance from the knowledgable folks here.
I have played manouche style since the late 1970s but only publicly for the last few years. For reasons of budget I am currently playing a Cigano GJ-15 in various gypsy jazz formats. I am enjoying the guitar but wish to move up to a higher quality instrument (sub-$5000) (budget problems are cured!).

That said, I have come to love the 12 fret, 640 mm scale of the Cigano and don't want to let that go. I find it very easy to play and when I play that guitar I do not get sore hands, shoulders etc that I find I get with most other acoustic guitars. This is a big bonus when playing long gigs and really savedmy music career as I was playing through pain an awful lot.

Are there any high end models that fit the bill? I notice the two Ibanez Macs advertised here fit the bill and hey are of interest but I would love to know if other manufacturers do similar models.

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I would also consider this, definitley the best 12 fret I have and an amazing deal at this price. One of Dupont's high end models that would be over $5K new:

http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/Item/dupont-mc30

Thanks,

M
  • Japanese SandmanJapanese Sandman Ottawa, CanadaNew Cigano D Hole
    Thanks Michael, the guitar looks beautiful but I am concerned that the low end is a bit dry and thumpy for my tastes. The top notes seem to sing though.

More to think about...

JS
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    A you tube video won't tell the full story. With your budget, you should fly to djangobooks and actually play the guitar (and many more that would be there)