DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

reprobatemind paul.provosty jmarcus KerryUxq5 BobbyKiefer

A very good, warm tube amp for little $

deadedithdeadedith New
edited April 2013 in Classifieds Posts: 44
Here are some reviews:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--PIGG40V

Read them first and if you are interested, let me know.
I talked with the designer Dennis Krager when I first bought the amp and asked him how to get less drive out of the preamp tubes; the amp out of the box was great, but it was too easy to overdrive the master tubes. Dennis had me switch out one of the preamp tubes with one a little less powerful. It now has what one of my friends calls 'the best clean tones he has ever heard.' Of course, he usually plays through a big Mesa-Boogie amp and a Les Paul, but still, he's right, the clean tones are very good.
This has never left my loft, I've used it but not heavily, the tubes should be good for a number of years, and everything works just fine.
After I bought it new for $240, the price went up to $320, but since I've had it for years I will let it go for $200 plus shipping. Lower 48.