Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

euryleia chrisd acalvane92 han13 slowfingers

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Guitar Stolen Capitol Hill Seattle J Castelluccia Django Castel 2014

2»

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    I'll never forget when I was in college I had my Strat with me walking out to my car. I set the guitar down to get into my car in the parking lot and drove away without it. I got to my guitar lesson and freaked out with my guitar teacher that I had lost my guitar. I had to skip my guitar lesson and drive back to campus dejected. It was a few hours later that a person I knew on my floor asked me if I had lost something, he found it!
    pickitjohnBuco
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Alves de Puga DR670; Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH600
    If you’re not a professional, you can insure with your homeowners insurance. It’s very reasonable, from my experience. If you are professional, there are companies that insure instruments accordingly. From their information online, they seem to work a lot with orchestras and the like. Didn’t check their rates myself, but I would think it’s worth looking into.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan
    If you’re not a professional, you can insure with your homeowners insurance. It’s very reasonable, from my experience. If you are professional, there are companies that insure instruments accordingly. From their information online, they seem to work a lot with orchestras and the like. Didn’t check their rates myself, but I would think it’s worth looking into.

Musicpro is one such company. They provide all risk coverage for a reasonable price. If you are going to use your homeowner's policy, be sure to check with your agent regarding coverage and any limitations. If you play at all professionally, even if only occasionally, you may need a special rider, otherwise a loss incidental to a performance might not be covered.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • So how did the guitar get returned?? Thanks.
  • Bill Da Costa WilliamsBill Da Costa Williams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos
    Yes, please don't leave us in suspense.
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Elan 14 - Altamira M10
    Enquiring minds want to know!
    Buco