DjangoBooks.com

Guitar Stolen Capitol Hill Seattle J Castelluccia Django Castel 2014

2»

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018 Posts: 521
    I'll never forget when I was in college I had my Strat with me walking out to my car. I set the guitar down to get into my car in the parking lot and drove away without it. I got to my guitar lesson and freaked out with my guitar teacher that I had lost my guitar. I had to skip my guitar lesson and drive back to campus dejected. It was a few hours later that a person I knew on my floor asked me if I had lost something, he found it!
    pickitjohnBucoAndyW
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    If you’re not a professional, you can insure with your homeowners insurance. It’s very reasonable, from my experience. If you are professional, there are companies that insure instruments accordingly. From their information online, they seem to work a lot with orchestras and the like. Didn’t check their rates myself, but I would think it’s worth looking into.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    If you’re not a professional, you can insure with your homeowners insurance. It’s very reasonable, from my experience. If you are professional, there are companies that insure instruments accordingly. From their information online, they seem to work a lot with orchestras and the like. Didn’t check their rates myself, but I would think it’s worth looking into.

Musicpro is one such company. They provide all risk coverage for a reasonable price. If you are going to use your homeowner's policy, be sure to check with your agent regarding coverage and any limitations. If you play at all professionally, even if only occasionally, you may need a special rider, otherwise a loss incidental to a performance might not be covered.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • plexi69plexi69 New
    So how did the guitar get returned?? Thanks.
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Yes, please don't leave us in suspense.
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
    Enquiring minds want to know!
    Buco
  • well, like an idiot i forgot to complete the story, sorry!

basically, i am fairly sure (99.8%? 99.9%?) that my building manager's boyfriend stole the guitar out of the lobby. a day of panicked searching and borderline insane amateur sleuthing passed. the next day, after telling my building manager that the guitar was very valuable, and that the police were getting involved, about 2 hours later i had a miraculous phone call- lo and behold, the guitar had been returned by a mystery resident who was "very sorry" but who's identity must remain secret according to the building manager.

thrilled, i went to her apartment to pick it up, she cracked her door enough to hand me the guitar through it and tried to immediately close the door- extremely uncharacteristic for a normally very outgoing and chatty person. you'd think someone would want to share in the thrill of returning an item that someone cared about, but its almost like... she...... had a guilty conscience. she became extremely combative when i asked her who returned it, and told me i'd need the police to contact her if she was going to say, because "legally im not allowed to"

well im very glad to have it back, even if one of my band mates might wish it never returned ?. i couldn't decide what to do about the building manager, and eventually moved out of there. every once in a while i think about emailing her and just telling her i know it was her... but i have no idea what the point would be.

AndyWBucoMichaelHorowitzBillDaCostaWilliams
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

Hi Patrick,

There would be no point and it would probably just piss you off more. Nice seeing you again at DJNW...

Best

Craig