DjangoBooks.com

Best Pickup!

What is the best GJ pickup... Stimer, Peche la mouche, Krivo? Id like a balanced electric tone.

Comments

• murillomurillo ✭✭✭
    I would also like to know the answer to this one :?
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Not to hijack the topic or anything, but it brings to mind the electric Django sound that Stochelo emulates on some tracks on "Djangologists" and "Free as the Wind" and I do have a question about that.

Does anyone know the exact setup he uses to achieve the sound? On the "Djangologists" documentary, there is a part where Stochelo unboxes a "Peche a la Mouche" amplifier. But in some of the clips where he uses the electric Django sound, it looks like he is using a different amplifier, and the pickup mounted on the guitar does not look like a regular Stimer.

I thought I'd ask this in the thread instead of creating a new one, since it IS very related. After all, that sound is just about as close as you can get to electric Django sound and it would be fantastic to know the exact setup to achieve that sound.
    I hope the OP doesn't mind I ask it here :oops: