Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi...I won't be at Samois. Sorry....

Wish I could!

'm
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i can bring a few copies to samois if u want michael
  • WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
    Here is it indeed, and after a few hours of scratching the surface of it I need a shovel to pull my jaw off the ground.

This is exactly the type of book I have been waiting for to direct my practice and give my musicianship food for thought.

Gypsy Rhythm includes lots of fresh material I've never seen in any guitar (gypsy or otherwise) jazz text. Tons of advanced material to learn and musically digest. I think regardless of any level, there is something for everyone in this text. Good changes I've noticed from other djangobook texts are the larger chord diagrams and larger transcriptions which is great welcome change.

This is an amazing feat of work and I am very much looking forward to the following volumes. Truly a superb job.
    dennis wrote:
    i can bring a few copies to samois if u want michael

That would be great...but beware, they're really heavy!
    WowBobWow wrote:

This is an amazing feat of work and I am very much looking forward to the following volumes. Truly a superb job.

Thanks...glad you like it!

'm
  • jake Bialosjake Bialos NYCNew
    DEAR MICHAEL,

JUST got the BOOK and am SUPREMELY happy with it. IT is a really user friendly tome and a total GAS to learn from. I consider it a bible of sorts and will treat it with the reverence it deserves... Just having spent a couple of hours with it , i can say that the format and information and the way the tunes are shown in different styles and degrees of difficulty exceed my expectations.

YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD, this will help so many seekers after the POMPE!!! Like moi.

Cheers! JAKE in NYC.
    Thanks Jake....All I ask in return is your first born. I'll take either male or female. :D
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hey Michael,

Will you be bringing any to Django in June? And if so, would you be good enough to earmark one for me?

thanks,
    Jack.
    Yes...I'll have a bunch!
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I'll bet you don't have a bunch when you head back home. :) If I don't order one sooner, I'll be getting one there.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.