DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthday

Fatty

Altamira Model M

Hi,

Altamira Model M in Mint condition with handmade light rosewood bridge and perfect set up.

It's really incredible how good these sound, especially for the $... dry, woody, loud!

I've had a Dupont Nomade and although this may raise eyebrows, this guitar is just as good and even less stiff sounding in my opinion...

Comes with very nice hard shell Altamira case.

$575 plus shipping

Thanks!

Comments

• criminelcriminel buenos aires✭✭✭

Hi there.

Can you specify the woods of the body?

Thanks

• jonpowljonpowl Santa Cruz, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Cigano GJ-10
    edited October 7 Posts: 541
  • criminelcriminel buenos aires✭✭✭

Thank you. I'm not crazy about the finish (saw a couple of tests in youtube). It seems that the pictures here always show a darker tone that what it looks like in real life.

Esthetics aside, I wonder how much of an upgrade these models are compared to the Cigano Gj10 I own (being that they're both entry level guitars).

You've mentioned the Nomade, is the M also a bolt-on neck guitar?

Any thoughts?

• jonpowljonpowl Santa Cruz, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Cigano GJ-10

I've tried the Altamira M and it plays and sounds well. The maple sides and back didn't look dark to me. If I had a chance to pick one up at a good price, I wouldn't hesitate. Otherwise, I would probably save a few more $$ and buy an Eastman. For what I paid, my Cigano GJ-10 is a very nice guitar, great for travel and leaving on the stand.