DjangoBooks.com

Altamira Model M

Hi,

Altamira Model M in Mint condition with handmade light rosewood bridge and perfect set up.

It's really incredible how good these sound, especially for the $... dry, woody, loud!

I've had a Dupont Nomade and although this may raise eyebrows, this guitar is just as good and even less stiff sounding in my opinion...

Comes with very nice hard shell Altamira case.

$575 plus shipping

Thanks!

Comments

• criminelcriminel buenos aires✭✭✭

Hi there.

Can you specify the woods of the body?

Thanks

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    edited October 2019 Posts: 705
  • criminelcriminel buenos aires✭✭✭

Thank you. I'm not crazy about the finish (saw a couple of tests in youtube). It seems that the pictures here always show a darker tone that what it looks like in real life.

Esthetics aside, I wonder how much of an upgrade these models are compared to the Cigano Gj10 I own (being that they're both entry level guitars).

You've mentioned the Nomade, is the M also a bolt-on neck guitar?

Any thoughts?

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

I've tried the Altamira M and it plays and sounds well. The maple sides and back didn't look dark to me. If I had a chance to pick one up at a good price, I wouldn't hesitate. Otherwise, I would probably save a few more $$ and buy an Eastman. For what I paid, my Cigano GJ-10 is a very nice guitar, great for travel and leaving on the stand.