DjangoBooks.com

New CD preview - Undecided (with Stochelo)

HemertHemert Prodigy
edited August 2013 in Welcome Posts: 264
Hi Folks,

Last week we went into the studio and recorded a brand new CD. It's full of stuff I have wanted to record for a long time: from gypsy jazz to some more modern stuff (but I still sound more or less like a gypsy jazz fiddler on those). All tracks were recorded and I'm waiting for the mixes and masters.

Here's a preview: I thought it'd be fun to recreate Django's original recording of "Undecided" with Beryl Davis (vocal). So we pretty much stick to that arrangement (with different solos of course) and the singer even tries to capture the original take. Singer is Sam Pari, a good friend of mine with unlimited vocal capabilities (from bluegrass and R&B to jazz) and lead guitar is the ever brilliant Stochelo. I hope you enjoy:

http://picosong.com/yfgx/

If you're on iOS and can't play the file because of the Flash needed just click on download!

Nice detail: original was recorded on 26th of August 1939 and this one was recorded 26th of August 2013!