DjangoBooks.com

Dupont MDC 50, great guitar!

everetteverett san francisco✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in Classifieds Posts: 154
I'm letting go of my dupont 14 fret D hole...I bought it about 2 years ago off Chappie, here on the forum

(here's the original listing viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8714&p=45247&hilit=chappie#p45247 ).

This is a great guitar, but I just got my hands on the dupont DM 50, a di mauro style dupont, and the D hole hasn't got much play time. I bought it for 3200, but I'm asking $3000 USD plus shipping. Upgraded DR tuners

There's are a few scuffs on the lower part of the guitar, where it sits on your leg. It's pretty normal wear for a 7 year old guitar, and it's still in really great condition. It plays and sounds great. please PM me if interested.

here's a video of Stephan Wrembel playing it from chappie: http://www.sixmoremiles.net/dupont.mp4

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I count 14 frets.

Charlie told me once that Rodrigo considered this to be the best Dupont he had ever had his hands on.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    Yes noticed that but didn't count the frets, if it was 12 frets it would be an MC50, not MDC 50
  • everetteverett san francisco✭✭✭
    sorry, i wrote this late last night. it is a 14 fret MDC 50
  • Hi is the guitar still for sale ?
    yup, I still have it. PM me if you're interested!
    yup, I still have it. PM me if you're interested!
    bumping this thread...still got the guitar if anyone's interested!
    So, this guitar has been sitting here since I play my other axe all the time. I'm willing to let it go for a good price, to a good home :)
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Bumping this thread...

i still have this killer axe...not in a real rush to sell it, but i've got an f-hole dupont that's stolen my heart. this guitar doesn't get nearly as much playing time, so i was hoping it could go to a good, loving owner :D