DjangoBooks.com

manouche modele jazz moreno model..

Comments

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • bopbellbopbell Brisbane AustraliaNew
    I have no. 85 in Brisbane, Australia. My friend has no 83, in Brisvegus as well.
    I put new Miller tuners on 85. Also, unfortunately I lived with 85 for a couple of years with a luthier carved bridge that looked great but didn't deliver. I unknowingly prejudiced the guitar until another luthier commented that there was not enough contact with the sound top.Lucky I had a rosewood Cigano bridge in the drawer. Modified to fit and the mandatory groove cutout underneath; 85 now emits that halo of hamonics that it should. I have re-attached myself to it.
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    I just bought #54

Curious to see how others are getting on with their Manouche's after a few years since anyone has posted here.

Cheers

Craig
  • favino881favino881 Strasbourg, France✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I recently bought (well, 2 hours ago to be precise!) a Vintage Strings / Manouche Guitar "Samson Schmitt" model.
    No way to find a # on it though... where did you all get your serial numbers? on the sticker inside? on the bill?
    Thanks for your help on this. I'll post a few pictures as soon as possible!
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Mine has played somewhere in the region of 200 gigs I would imagine. I would never get rid of this guitar. There is a slight bowing issue in the neck now but it still plays great and it has never let me down. My pick up experience has been a different story all together though...

For my money the altimira brand are easily the best sounding and playable guitars in the genre (unless money is no option and then it has to be bob holo or DuPont.) That said,Welcome to the manouche club buddy, you have bought a righteous guitar. 8)
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • favino881favino881 Strasbourg, France✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the welcome!
    And how about getting the serial number?
    Was yours written on the sticker inside? on the neck or the head?

I only have the model name indicated on the head (SAMSON SCHMITT) and on the sticker is written SAMSON JAZZY.

No number, no manufacturing year...
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Hi and welcome Favion881. Your ears may have been burning before you officially arrive here since earlier this year we were talking about you and your fantastic YouTube videos. Thanks for posting all of those great show! You the man! AE
  • delb0ydelb0y ✭✭
    I swear I replied to this thread a year or two ago. But clearly not. #22 is alive and well in Gloucester, UK.

Kind regards
    Derek
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Moreno 116 is still here in the UK.

I'm 'rationalising' my guitar collection so sadly it's up for sale.

Sp
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    sticker inside, mine is pretty easy to see