DjangoBooks.com

Slowing down Django (for Mac only)

2»

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    What a great tip, thank you, gama!

"Audacity" it is!

(But anyway, mac users, I would still definitely recommend both iMic and Garageband for making home recordings...)
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • seanrayseanray Madison, WI✭✭
    Why not just use Quicktime?
    On a Mac or PC it'll slow down video, audio and also adjust pitch for free.
    Just select "Show A/V Controls" from the Window menu. That's where you'll find the faders.
    Yes, seanray, I do use QuickTime, but the version I have does not allow me to record anything, but play back only...

So this necessitates the complicated process which I talked about above:

-first I use GarageBand to copy the Django stuff I want off a CD

-then I use GarageBand to edit it down into bite-size clips

-then I "share" the final result to iTunes

-then I take the finished clips out of iTunes and dump 'em on my desktop where they somehow automatically turn into QuickTime files

-then I can play around with those QT files, just as you indicated.

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • seanrayseanray Madison, WI✭✭
    Sounds good Will but you may want to consider dropping $29 on Quicktime Pro.

With the pro upgrade you can do everything you're describing, in one app, with a lot less time and hassle. With QT Pro you can edit all you want, set loop points, etc.

Just a thought.
    Thanks for that info, seanray.

I'm one cheap SOB, but I'm going to consider spending that $29!

:mrgreen:

• gamagama ✭✭
    seanray wrote:
    Sounds good Will but you may want to consider dropping $29 on Quicktime Pro.
    or don't spend a dime and do it for free on audacity.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Can you get audacity for PC or only Mac?

Do you have a link for where to download it?

Thanks
  • gamagama ✭✭
    "It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems"
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

and here is the wiki tutorial:
    http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Audac ... _Home_Page
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks Gama!