DjangoBooks.com

Last night in Cambridge, Ma

edited June 2007 in North America Posts: 41
Hey,
I just wanted to say it was so very awesome to play Atwood's Tavern last night in Cambridge, MA. The show was cooking. Thanks to the members of Sinti Rhythm for setting it up. The crowd was so warm as well as the Atwood Staff. Who would know how absolutely amazing a Pub gig could be. During the last set, Lex suggested we all unplug and play acoustically. Jack and Lex sat in for Minor Swing, Latcho Drom, Bossa Dorado and Dark Eyes... and it was hot hot hot.
It was an honor to play with you cats. Great guys and terrific players.

Lets do it again guys!

Sincerely,
Ryan
www.ameranouche.com

Comments

• SorefSoref Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭
    All I can say about sat. night's gig at Atwood's is Ameranouche Rocks! These three can cook all night. The guys at Atwood's loved 'em, and so did we. I love Shepp's killer vibrato, and his commitment to developing ideas. His solos actually build on motivic fragments instead of just stringing together licks. Xar and Ryan can lay down the groove at about any tempo and keep it there, it was really impressive. If that weren't enough we were treated to some nice bass soloing, and very fine rhythm guitar solos from ryan, something we probably don't hear enough of. It was a great night. Thanks to Shepp, Ryan, and Xar for knocking this gig out of the park.

-Jack
  • pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    I wish I had known about this before it happened...
    Reject the null hypothesis.
  • tzadiktzadik New
    pallo, Ameranouche will not only be at Atwood's again soon (check www.ameranouche.com for dates, will be posted shortly) but there is a show happening in Providence on May 10 at the Tazza. :)
  • pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    Thanks for the info! That's fantastic.

-Paul
    Reject the null hypothesis.
  • Thanks so much for the kind words.
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Glad to hear of more manouche music happening in the Boston area. I had heard good things about Sinti Rhythm whom I have yet to hear, and now I find out about Ameranouche and am psyched to catch a show. I signed up on the mailing list.

Looking forward to Django in June...heading out there tomorrow. Already lost one of my Wegen GP 250's (*#!), so only have one left plus a couple W Big Cities (Michael Horowitz's choice). Going to have to rent a safe-deposit box for these. :)