Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

aryeager Gandharva jankyfoo

Related Discussions

Who's Online (1)

• DeuxDoigts_Tonnerre 5:24AM

Bb Lead Sheets

kalestilezkalestilez Long Beach, CA✭✭
edited October 2012 in Woodwinds
Hi everyone. I'd like to start a thread dedicated to posting lead sheets that have been transcribed to the key of Bb. Most songs aren't too much trouble to learn by ear, but every once in a while I come across complex tunes that would be a heck of a lot nicer to play with a lead sheet. By the way, congrats on getting the Woodwinds section back! Lets keep it active! Viva la Clarinette!

Comments

• I think it is a great thing we have started. One of the members here has a number of Bb lead sheets that he has promised to post soon.

I am working on a few transpositions that I will post as soon as done.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Musicalia, Bucolo et. al.
    can we upload image files that will get displayed in the thread ?
    or do we need to host the images externally ?
    -A- :roll:
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I have a sizable collection of Bb charts, which I will post after my return from France next week.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Musicalia, Bucolo et. al.
    image test post:

Here's something I made to show how much of Charlie Parker's Omnibook is based on other tunes.

For GJ saxophonists & clarinettists, note that there are many Parker solos based on 'Honeysuckle rose', 'I got rhythm', 12 bar blues, etc.
    So plenty of licks & riffs for borrowing ;-)

CPOdecoded.jpg

normally I'd recommend getting the B-flat version of the Omnibook, but the GJ keys are often different from those played by the be-bop guys. So transpose :wink:

Next up - some GJ lead sheets in Bb

-A-
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'
    situsavais.jpg
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'
    jesuisseul-1.jpg
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'
  • Note that lots of guitar players to Si Tu SAvais in Bm which Andy's C# minor transcription is perfectamundo although original music that I have shows it in Cm and I will post that and my Dm transcription as soon as I can figure out how best to post it :oops:

I practice it in all 3 keys (I really need the practice) :D
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Swing Gitan for Bb instruments .
    p.s. ignore that tempo marking!

swinggitan.jpg

I just got my piano talking to Garageband :D - makes keying-in music a lot easier.

so - any requests for GJ heads in Bb ??
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'
    Something I'm working on,here's the A section of "Made in France"

madeinfrance-1.jpg

more "soon" lol :mrgreen:

p.s. on sax you may want to use LH side D for the 4th line D's,
    p.p.s on clarinet keep your choice of C# key down , either LH or RH, for all of bar 16
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'
    here's "si tu savais" in D minor (for guitars in C min)
    situsavaisDm.jpg

scribble in your own middle eight,
    it's || Bb7 | Bb7 | Dm | Dm | Bb7 | Bb7 | A7 | A7 || , then back to bar 9 :roll:
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'