DjangoBooks.com

Paul Beuscher/David Enesa

edited May 2011 in History Posts: 74
Anyone know anything about this guy/what his guitars sounds like?

I saw this listing http://gypsyguitars.com/makers.php?id=18&status_id= and think the guitar looks pretty great. I'm interested in learning whatever I can about Paul and David.

Sam

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Paul Beuscher was and continues to be a retail outlet, a la Sears in the US (except limited to musical instuments), who had guitars made by numerous luthiers and sold under his house name. They are still around (see www.paul-beuscher.com) in an evolved form, although I do not believe they sell guitars under the house name any more. I could be wrong about that last fact, though.)

I have played the particular guitar you refer to and liked it. I didn't buy it, but it wasn't a bad little box. Very unique looking...
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I should add that Beuscher bought the remaining parts from the Selmer factory when operation there closed and had guitars made under the Beuscher name with varying numbers of authentic Selmer parts.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    Thanks for the info Michael.

Does anyone play one of these guitars? I'd be curious to hear what they sounded like.