DjangoBooks.com

Rosenberg Academy is live!

Comments

• w_lavenew_lavene Cambridge, EnglandNew
    Forget the bullshit, and how do i go about playing or improvising etc etc. just play the god dam instrument as an expression of your soul not some shit how do we play over a subsituted minor 7b5.To much talk to little expression.get all you can from masters like stochelo but please please please for the love of creativity and beutiful dynamic of playing and communicating what we feel dont mess yourself up with the details of what we gain from what from the various resources and just play as if you are going to die in ten minutes.

Music is about freedom and not any other crap

anyone not agree with that?
  • Heavy DjangoHeavy Django ✭✭✭
    w_lavene wrote:
    Forget the bullshit, and how do i go about playing or improvising etc etc. just play the god dam instrument as an expression of your soul not some shit how do we play over a subsituted minor 7b5.To much talk to little expression.get all you can from masters like stochelo but please please please for the love of creativity and beutiful dynamic of playing and communicating what we feel dont mess yourself up with the details of what we gain from what from the various resources and just play as if you are going to die in ten minutes.

Music is about freedom and not any other crap

anyone not agree with that?

Yes, you don't agree...here's your comments in a very recent April 2011 thread re-posted below to refresh your memory:

You wrote:
    Re: Best and most versitile arppegios

postby w_lavene » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 am
    Great,

Thanks for that. i am sure it will help me link stuff together, does anyone know about how django would go about playing solo lines over a Major chord, when i play gypsy style and there is a cmaj7 for example i often try to subsitute this chord and play a melody similar to that of the substitution, as often running major scale etc sounds a bit to conventional jazz for what i am going for

How 'bout sparing us the BS ...
  • w_lavenew_lavene Cambridge, EnglandNew
    Haha sorry did not mean it personaly!!
    was not having a dig,
    Of course everyone need to learn various things, and this forum is a great and apreciated way of fine tuning certain theroetical or technical needs what i was trying to say was that it is to easy to allow this to take over your mind and distract you in a negative way from the original intention of learning this music. That i think we would all say was due to a love and passion for this style and a hope of understanding and expressing ourself's.
    we all want to be moved by music, we all want to move people with music, and want to feel like we are succesful in our musical and artistic needs, and what i was trying to say was it is very easy to un-intentionaly move away from this as sometimes we chase so hard we forget what we are running after, where we all just want to play and be happy.

I was just trying to say lets not forget what we desire which is to have the freedom in out minds to play what we want to hear which in my very humble view is to see this instrument and music as an expression of our soul and love, and a way to communicate without speaking the many aspects of life for which music gives us all such incredible and privalidge to be able to express that freely without the need to be running number's pattens etc in our mind when we are trying to be creative and fullfil ourselfs both musicaly and in a human sence. As only when one clears our mind totaly can we be at the maximum of our expression understanding, expression and desire

Hope you dig

Peace be with you

xxx
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    I'm down with that stuff. Who's for hedgehog?
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
    rimm wrote:
    I'm down with that stuff. Who's for hedgehog?

I dig.

I'll take mine medium-rare with two pints of Guinness.
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Great combination, was never sure what to serve with one!
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
    Now that's simply brilliant... Best Post of the Year award goes to you, sir!
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • gypsyfangypsyfan ✭✭
    Is it still alive? Last update 2 months ago, wondering what's new.
  • GJFANGJFAN New
    Last update was a good one in May. Had been steady monthly updates until June. Nothing new in June the excuse given was it was to hard to get everyone in the same place for filming videos etc. as its festival season and everyone is scattered about. There is talk of extending the subscriptions by a month for free to make up for June which seems fair enough and there is supposed to be some new material in July. Some growing pains perhaps but still a great site imo. I've been a member since Feb. and have learned a ton of stuff.