DjangoBooks.com

Help with Djangologist Movie

edited February 2010 in Welcome Posts: 3,707
HI All

Having easily downloaded movie having a hard time getting it to play on a Mac. File seems to be 348MB. Stuffit says it's not compressed. Won't seem to play

Help
The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed

Comments

• WColsherWColsher PhiladelphiaNew
    348 MB would be the zip file - Archive Utility expanded it on my Mac to the XVID.avi movie at 355.3 MB.

I'm using OS X 10.5.8 fwiw.
  • It would help if my Macknowledge was at a a :lol::lol: higher level :lol::lol:

Silly me :oops: didn't remember the name of the player I was supposed to use. SuperMario kindly gave me the correct info. Note to self "MAKE NOTES DURING CLASS" repeat ad nauseam

And on a Mac apparently it unzips automatically in Tiger as I did nothing and the ever helpful SuperMario told me it was supposed to be an AVI file which it is and in checking I misread the size it is 355.3 mb. :oops: Maybe I need more coffee or I should go back to bed and start over :lol:

FYI the movie and the CD were downloaded without any trouble at all ... about 6 minutes for the CD and while I was expecting this big deal on the movie it was way less than I thought it would be. Set it up and started doing other things and thought I'd best check on progress after about half an hour and it was done :shock: 8)

The music is great ....... I can hardly wait to watch the DVD however rehearsal today so it will have to wait til tomorrow night :cry: My only saving grace is that my music knowledge is better than my computer knowledge.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • gamagama ✭✭
    loved the movie. i'm on a mac and use the vlc media player for everything. it's free and works well:
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/