DjangoBooks.com

Gonzalo C.D

mobreaumobreau U.K✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 48
Hi Guys,

Just a quickie, is it just me or does anyome else with the Gonzalo playalong c.d find there is too longer delay in the breaks after what should be the head? It's bearable if not a little off putting. If your wanting to play an 8 bar phrase leading from the head into the chorus for example. I was also unaware this was just mp3's and not actually a c.d playalong as stated. That it is all I wanted it for really. I am aware I just need to do some formatting and burn it to another disc, but these two things left me feeling a little unhappy after spending $50.00 dollars. On the plus side! the tunes are all at great tempo's, selection of tunes is great and the ryhthm section is encouraging to play along with.

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I've been thinking of buying these playalongs but I did find what you're saying about the breaks true. On some tunes he strikes the muted strings (as if counting "1, 2, 3, 4") before returning to the song but on the ones he doesn't I think the counting is a bit off.
    The rhythm background he provides is excellent but I don't think I'm ready to spend 50 bucks for it given the problems you pointed out.
    I don't want to make him look bad, but there are lots of backing tracks available elsewhere for free.
    I love playing with his and his rhythm really swings and makes it exciting and fun to play over.

It was very nice of Gonzalo to offer a lot of them for free on youtube and I also understand him wanting to make some money for the rest.
    Maybe there's way to fix the off count?
  • mobreaumobreau U.K✭✭✭
    Hey, Bluesbop!

I had better point out, the price was so much as it was being posted to England. I certainly don't want to make Gonzalo sound bad either. As you said, he generously put them on youtube. This is where i first heard them, briefly. I did not notice the break thing at the time as I was just sifting through them and thought, these sound just right! I thought I would buy them so I could wack them on the c.d player at work after hours, I wasn't really bothered about having videos or charts. I feel bad to of brought this up. I think breaks aside, once I have formatted the c.d to work on a regular player I will be happier with my purchase.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I haven't heard these, but as a side note, most modern CD/DVD players will play mp3s too...
  • mobreaumobreau U.K✭✭✭
    Hi Jack,

Yeah, I have been told about this. I have only tried it on two players so far, bu they don't seem to be compatible, even though the work one is rather new! Just bad look I guess. Maybe I will convince them to get a new one!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Personally, I prefer the mp3 format so I can play them on my computer with the slow-downer :D
  • gonegone New
    ahhahahahaahaha, this is awsomse, ok, i have answers!!!
    We really really wanted to make a normal cd, but of course we couldn't fit all these songs on a normal CD, we had to make them MP3s. I want a regular one too!!!!
    I haven't noticed the time issues but i did realize later that using the muted strings to count would be a good idea. All the songs that you have for free on youtube are the same ones you have on the cd. There is nothing else on it maybe one or two tracks i dont remember.
    None of the songs were done with a metronome so yes there could be issues with time, maybe some songs slow down or speed up? or the breaks seem funny? could deffinetelly be true.

Well, it has to be Mp3 unfortunately,
    let us know what songs u have trouble with the break so we can listen too.
    And let us know what other songs we should put on this thing!!!!!

Playalongs are by far the best tool ever for us people like us in parts of the world WHERE THERE ARE NO PEOPLE TO JAM WITH!

i was recently told that we forgot to edit out some of my talking before J'attendrai, isn't this worth talking about too??? = )
    So long friends, Go practice!!!!!!!!
    Play on!!!!!!

Gonza
  • I enjoy hearing candid discussions on recordings ... lends a wonderful human touch to my mind

back to the Dunn
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed