DjangoBooks.com

Daphne

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited March 2013 in Technique Posts: 2,161
here a bunch of licks you can play on Daphne... these are directly ripped off from other players...

regarding the harmony above the licks, those are chords generally used by the rhythm players, they do not necessarily reflect the harmonies implied by the soloist....

regarding the picking indications, those are what I use, and most likely what the original player used as well, but if you find something more comfortable, go for it....

first on the menu... licks from Patotte Bousquet... from the "hommage a Django" album, available nowhere.... :(

1.GIF

2.GIF

3.GIF

licks from Paulus Schafer jamming with Michael Horowitz available somewhere at http://www.djangobooks.com

4.GIF

5.GIF

6.GIF

more to come maybe.. check back every now and then

Comments

• AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    Thanks, Dennis! Listen, it seems the HTML for this forum likes images to be < 570 pixels wide. 550 might look best.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    it looks fine on my laptop, but in any case i don't know how to modify that ... there's an option that allows u to save as picture in powertab, it's automatic.. sorry
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Dennis I can see them fine except some of your pick direction marks are cut off but I think I know how you would pick them.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    No no, Dennis, you did great and the pictures come out fine. On my screen, one of the top bars of the forum, -- just a graphic, nothing important -- gets split open by large images in the message windows. The width of the forum is actually defined as a number of pixels instead of as a percentage of the whole screen. The latter method would allow the whole forum to "flex" along with images...

Bah, this is just picky HTML stuff. You did great, and the material is great.
  • chopstickchopstick ParisNew
    cool licks!

thanks!
    thank you dennis!!! I think I need to start playing this song. haha :oops:
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    crap i just realized (many many months later) i posted a wrong pic of paulus' daphne riff.... all those repetead Ds should actually be open string!!!

sorry guys
  • RovelloRovello Marseille / FranceNew
    Wooowwwww........thanks Denis ! That's exactly what I was looking for ! :lol::lol:
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    Great...
    Thanks for sharing Dennis
  • BillyBobBillyBob Graham, WaNew
    None of the licks come up. Is there another place that I can find them?

Thanks
    Just your average Djoe.