DjangoBooks.com

Let Me Make Your Playalongs!

aa New York City✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in Recording Posts: 800
Hi Everyone,

I'm starting a new business here- GypsyJazz Playalongs for sale!

Maybe you're too busy to sit around and make playalongs to practice with.. tell me what tunes you need, specify the tempo and feel, and I'll make you a personalized playalong track for the price of $50. Practicing with a playalong is one of the best ways to master the changes.

Check out this *track and send me a PM if you're interested.

Best,
Alex

*the track has been EQ'd with a cut on everything below 300hz in order to optimize playback on small speakers. I can do this for your track at no extra charge.
Www.alexsimonmusic.com
Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hey Alex,

Are you charging $50 per tune (?!?) or is that for a bunch of tunes? I may be in the wrong business--I usually give them away free with lessons. Sounds like Denis is getting ready to make over a hundred available for free too...I don't mean to rain on your parade, I'm just curious about your plan because there's so many out there for free...

Getting to specify tempo and feel is a cool twist, though. Good luck!

best,
    Jack.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Hi there, $50 a track would be too much. As a comparison we've got The Sauce from Lejazzetal/Dave Kelbie in the UK which gives 13 tracks and corresponding chord sheets for the sum of £14.00 which is about $22

If you are going to do this commercially I think you'll need to offer something more to compete with the established and free playalongs.
    always learning
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Hey, maybe you mistakenly typed a 0 after the 5?
    Your playalong sounds fine but I make my own to practice rhythm and there are many free backing tracks around.
    I don't know if I'd pay that kind of money for one playalong song if it were made by Nousche Rosenberg!

The Jazz Aebersold books are $20 or less a pop for a bunch of tunes with charts and cd by incredible musicians such as Ron Carter, Jeff Watts.
    There's Band in a Box...

Why don't you offer your playalongs for free like Stephane Wrembel??

If you wanna profit maybe offer something better or way cheaper

I don't mean to be harsh but I don't think you're being realistic... then again maybe you'll find someone to pay you
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Man !!! what did you drink ????!!!! Are you sure you recorded this sober ???!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You guys at Djangobooks are way too nice !! :) If Alex was at manoucheries.com he already had his head cut off by the french guillotine !! :lol:
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious.. what problems do you have with the track ?
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    I listened it again .... I do not know ... I mean it is not bad you are obviously a good musician but on this playback I feel that their is a lot of parasite sounds and you're doing some swing punk :? (It is a little bit stiff ... no ?)
    But no offense I usually love your recording on myspace 8)
    ...$50!!!! :roll: :lol:
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by parasite sound ?
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    here's another track.
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
  • PaganiniPaganini New
    $50 I would like a cd from bireli and Adrien added to the backingtrack..
    Your idea to provide backingtracks on request is good I think but you will have to lower your price..

I listened to the tracks and it sounds tight but I do miss a bit of swing. Maybe it's a matter of taste but the accent is extremely on the 1st beat and I think this music swings better when the accent is more on the 2nd beat or equal accents on the 4 beats.
    The other Alex at Manoucheries.com does playbacks on request for free !!!!
    And he speaks english !!! :wink: