DjangoBooks.com

Franglais CD release

bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
edited March 2009 in North America Posts: 671
Hi,
We are proud to announce the CD release for Franglais, Friday the 27th of Febuary at the Jalopy Theatre. Come out and check out one of the best gypsy jazz bands on the east coast- influence not only by Django, but Ella, monk, zorn and more Franglais will take you on a journey to France, and back to NYC! To help them celebrate we have asked the master guitarist Dennis Chang from Canada to come and share the stage at this show. Dennis also was part of the Cd that is being released. This is a place to see two of the best Django syle bands on the continent in one place. One night only- Friday February 27th from 9pm-1am at the Jalopy Theatre, 315 Columbia street, Brooklyn, NY!
The gig will be followed by a jam session. And- Dennis who is a master teacher as well as performer will be teaching a workshop at the Jalopy on Saturday, February 28th at 12 noon.
Thanks,
Ben
Ps. We hope some of you big Djangologists will get yourselves to Brooklyn to see this!
PPs. But wait there is more of Dennis that week-
The Amazing Dennis Chang Trio
This week we are also playing host to our friends, the Dennis Chang Trio from Montreal! Dennis is a wonderful guitarist, who's new trio is pushing the edge of Gypsy Jazz with new ideas and sounds. A true virtuoso guitarist with great chops, Dennis is a joy to watch and a inspiring player to work with. (He appears on our album that we are releasing at the show!) Dennis is playing several times the week before to warm up for our show!
Mehanata Bulgarian Bar Saturday, February 21st
Barbes, Monday February 23rd
Each show will be followed by a jam session!
Dennis is also teaching a class Saturday the 28th at the Jalopy Theatre, from 12-3. Please contact Jalopy (http://www.jalopy.biz) to sign up for this chance to work with an amazing teacher.

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Congratulations Ben!! I hope the turn out is great I am really starting to think NYC is the place to be (wait I guess I always knew NYC was the place to be, but you guys know what I am saying)
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Caleb,
    finish school and move!!!
    b.
  • Ryan FlahertyRyan Flaherty New EnglandNew
    Congratulation Ben and Franglais. I hope you sell a million copies... but of course I want mine for free... hee... just kidding.

Hope to get back to NYC once the iceberg melts off of New Hampshire.

See you after the thaw brother.

R