DjangoBooks.com

Lets write a fake book together

Comments

• ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Here's an image I 'borrowed' and Photoshopped of our boy to make it all logoey and printable. Feel free to use it any way you like. I'm already working on a full sized oil portrait of Django which is on a deadline so I can't offer anything more right now. Maybe we can use it as an alternative to Ash's cover art. I think it would be cool for a few covers to be available for people to choose from, actually. I (or someone else) can add title/border later.

Elliot
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Elliot wrote:
    Here's an image I 'borrowed' and Photoshopped of our boy to make it all logoey and printable. Feel free to use it any way you like. I'm already working on a full sized oil portrait of Django which is on a deadline so I can't offer anything more right now. Maybe we can use it as an alternative to Ash's cover art. I think it would be cool for a few covers to be available for people to choose from, actually. I (or someone else) can add title/border later.

Elliot

Great idea to have a choice of images, Elliot, and Ash too. These days a customer doesn't have to go with just one bulk printing. I forget the term for it, something like a "one-off." You're an illustrator and graphic designer then, Elliot? Maybe I've seen your stuff.

Cheers,
    -Rob
  • AJATangoAJATango New
    maybe we should put up a sticky about this. Finale Notepad is totally free and should be able to do basic lead sheets. For the fakebook note input would help the copyists among us A LOT. that's the most tedious part. Then we can clean stuff up but, note input is HUGE! It's pretty much point and click in notepad and it's both MAC and PC format.
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    I downloaded Finale Notebook and am going to give it a go when I get some time. Looks good.
  • AJATangoAJATango New
    anyone having finale notepad issues, let me know i advise on software in my free time (yeah like i have that lol) actually I do run a recording studio for a friend and use Digital performer and finale regularly or more so trouble shoot them regularly.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    AJATango wrote:
    maybe we should put up a sticky about this. Finale Notepad is totally free and should be able to do basic lead sheets. For the fakebook note input would help the copyists among us A LOT. that's the most tedious part. Then we can clean stuff up but, note input is HUGE! It's pretty much point and click in notepad and it's both MAC and PC format.

So what level of writing skill do you need to do note input? It sounds like I could just put notes in, then the copyists would fine-tune the score by cleaning up my mistakes in note length, etc.? If that's the case I can probably help more than I thought!

best,
    Jack.
    Hi guys,

I've just put editing notes on a few pages, but I'm not sure yet if it will be more effective to hash things out here before making changes on the wiki. Here's what I noticed:

Djangology: bridge contains D7 where it should be E7.
    Avalon: F is much more common for gypsy jazz in my experience.
    Swing 42: 5th bar and its repeats should contain A7 instead of Am7. Common bridge turnaround (last two bars Em7/B, A7b9, Dm7/A, G7b9) is missing.
    Swing Gitan and Joseph, Joseph: Attribution should be "Trad."

Other than that it's looking good!
    best,
    Jack.
  • AJATangoAJATango New
    Jack wrote:
    AJATango wrote:

So what level of writing skill do you need to do note input? It sounds like I could just put notes in, then the copyists would fine-tune the score by cleaning up my mistakes in note length, etc.? If that's the case I can probably help more than I thought!

best,
    Jack.

seriously point and click. you choose the rhythm value of the note, click on the staff and bam note input.
    AJATango wrote:
    seriously point and click. you choose the rhythm value of the note, click on the staff and bam note input.

Cool...I've had Notepad for awhile; maybe I'll try one of the easier tunes and put it up on the wiki. Thanks!

best,
    Jack.