DjangoBooks.com

Premier Rendez-Vous

SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
edited June 2007 in Repertoire Posts: 186
Has anyone got the chords for 'Premier Rendez-Vous' as played by Tchan-Tchou and Henry Crolla?

This would be much appreciated.

SP

Comments

• François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hi,
    Here is the music sheet of Premier Rendez-Vous.
    Before it was played by Birelli, it was a song sung by Danielle Darieux (listen to enclosed mp3), one of the great star of the silver screen and singer during the Occupation.
    Danielle Darrieux was married for some time with Porfirio Rubirosa.
    They used to have huge parties with Champagne and luxury food when the people of Paris were queuing up with tickets to buy rutabagas.
    Django Reinhardt was often playing in these fiestas and it is not impossible that he might have played this tune or have accompanied Danielle Darrieux singing this song (though there is no proof at all).
    An anecdote about Porfirio Rubirosa that I have read in the memories of 'La Môme Moineau' and that I cannot resist to tell you. According to Truman Capote who shared for a while a flat with him, Porfirio was gifted with an enormous sex always in erection, and in some NY restaurants that is why the big black pepper mills that you need two hands to operate were called 'Rubirosa'.
    Best
    François RAVEZ
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    François,

Brilliant reply - more than I could have hoped for.

All the very best to you,

SP
  • A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    Wow!
    Perfect in every way!
    Thank you Francois!
    Allin...